khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

My legs have been feeling very weak and shaky, sometimes my

Customer Question

My legs have been feeling very weak and shaky, sometimes my arms too. It is mostly my legs especailly if I bend over to put clothes in the dryer or bend down where i am bearing extra weight on them. They feel so shaky and weak like jelly legs, like im gonna collapse. It is very scary to me. II also have been experiencing a sunburned saensation on my skin all over my body with no rash, and my skin is also has a very itchy/ prickly feeling to it. I also have been having numbness in my left hand, left foot, and left side of my face and lips. I have been having heart palpatations too. This has been going on for 6 weeks. I have been to my pcp. He has run a lot of tests thyroid, vitamin B & D, 24 hour holter test, echo of the heart, cat scan of brain, x-ray of the lungs, stress test,blood tests for electrolytes, cbc, potassium. I went to a neurologist last week and he did an MRI of my brain and upper spine and did a neurological exam and said everything was fine. He said maybe lupus, firbromyalgia or lyme disease. He suggested a rheumotologis. A year ago I was having symptoms like this but no numbness or heart palps and my pcp sent me to a rheumotologist and she said she didnt think it was fibromyalgia, and i tested neg for lupus, but that was a year ago. Im really scared I might have lyme disease and there is no good test to prove that. I just dont know whats wrong, any ideas?? Im desprite! It really is ruining my life!
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
khagihara :

You could have multiple sclerosis (MS). It is an inflammatory, demyelinating disease of the central nervous system (CNS). You should see a neurologist to have a neurological physical exam, blood test, cerebrospinal fluid examination, and MRI.

Expert:  khagihara replied 6 years ago.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My orginal message must have cut off. I have been tested for vitamin A & D, thyroid, 24 hour holter test, echo of the heart, cat scan, x-ray of lungs, stress test. I saw a neurologist last week and he did an MRI of the brain and the upper spinal cord. He said my exam and MRI were normal. He said that he would see a reumotologist and get tested for lupus which i have been tested for. He also said it could be fibromyalgia or lyme disease. I saw a reumotologist last year because i was feeling shaky and the skin sensations, but no numbness at that time and she said that i did not have fibromyalgia. Now all these symptoms started 6 weeks ago again. Any ideas on what this could be? Could it be lyme disease? I think she may have tested me for that last year too.