Dr. B.
Dr. B., Doctor
Experience:  Physician with 8 years of experience.
17382760

my eyes really hurt to touch feel heavy gritty feel like i

my eyes really hurt to touch feel heavy gritty feel like i want to close them all the time my chest feel tight to what is it please help its drving me mad.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr Sumit Bassi :

I am sorry to know about your symptoms,do you feel that you have dry eyes?

Dr Sumit Bassi :

are you diagnosed of any medical condition?

Customer :

dont know if its dry eyes,no iam diagnosed of any medical condition so far.

Dr Sumit Bassi :

has any tests been done for your symptoms?

Customer :

no

Dr Sumit Bassi :

from how long are these symptoms?

Customer :

my eyes have been hurting me for a week now but i also have this burping all the time on meds for that but nothing is working please help.

Dr Sumit Bassi :

is there any redness in eyes?

Dr Sumit Bassi :

are they watering?

Customer :

no redness really and no watering

Dr Sumit Bassi :

any problems in vision,sorry to ask so many questions,so but this will help me answer better.

Customer :

why does my chest feel really tight and cant breath proberly and burp all the time now my eys have started hurting i feel so low

Customer :

yes my vision is blury sometimes

Customer :

i wear glass as well

Customer :

glasses

Dr Sumit Bassi :

Based on what you mentioned,I will advise that you see a physician who can do a physical exam,ekg as underlying arryhtmia could lead to similar chest tightness and breathing difficulty.I will also advise that you ask your physician to do a fasting blood glucose as impaired blood glucose levels can lead to similar intermittent blurry vision as yours.

Dr Sumit Bassi :

Also ask the physician to do a physical exam of the eye,ask your physician to do anti ro and anti la antibody test to rule out autoimmune disease (sjogren) as a cause of your eye symptoms.

Customer :

i have had blood test done already and they come back normal

Customer :

but now my eyes have started hurting something not right

Dr Sumit Bassi :

did you got the specific antibody test too?

Dr Sumit Bassi :

for autoimmune disease

Customer :

iam going for a camera down into my stomach cos of all the burping i wake up every morning feel like someone is standing on my chest then i get up and start to burp all day

Customer :

dont really know doctor he just sent me for a blood test

Dr Sumit Bassi :

There is a possibility that your symptoms could be due to gerd ,which could be leading to your burp.I will advise that before you get the camera test,ask your physician to do h pylori breath test.

Dr Sumit Bassi :

As H pylori a gram negative bacteria is a common cause of underlying undiagnosed ulcer disease,which also needs o be ruled out.

Customer :

ok whats that for then

Dr Sumit Bassi :

if confirmed antibiotics can take care of it

Dr Sumit Bassi :

triple antibiotics are prescribed ,amoxicilllin+clarithromycin+ omeprazole

Customer :

ok thanks,i feel i have lung cancer all the time its really worrying me

Dr Sumit Bassi :

Meanwhile i will advise that you take over the counter prilosec for your burping and chest symptoms,it will take care of that.

Dr Sumit Bassi :

Lung cancer seems least likely as it would have presented with weight loss,blood in sputum ,low grade fevers,which are not in your case.

Customer :

yeah i have been on omeprazole and it is not working

Dr Sumit Bassi :

aha

Dr Sumit Bassi :

So then h pylori test needs to be done for sure.

Customer :

yeah but i have no hunger feeling i dont feel hungry and iam loseing weight i wake up every morning sweating

Dr Sumit Bassi :

so do discuss that with your physician when you see him.

Dr Sumit Bassi :

Ask your physician to do serum tsh test as elevated thyroid levels can lead to similar sweating and weight loss.

Customer :

i have but i wake up every morning sweating

Customer :

he said the sweating is due to the acid levels in the body

Customer :

but my chest feels tight and the sweating is bad

Customer :

now my eyes have stared hurting so i feel terrible

Customer :

can the blood test show if u got cancer of the lungs

Dr Sumit Bassi :

Aha,chest tightness and sweating and eye symptoms,I will again advise that thyroid levels should be checked,as imbalance of thyroid hormone can present with similar symptoms.I do not think acid can lead to sweating,so that is less likely.

Dr Sumit Bassi :

A ekg should be done to rule out arrhythmia as a cause of your sweating too.

Customer :

can blood test show if u got lung cancer

Dr Sumit Bassi :

You can ask the physician to get a chest xray to rule out lung cancer,to be on safe side.

Customer :

whats a arrhythmia

Dr Sumit Bassi :

There is no blood test for lung cancer.

Customer :

i have had a chest xray done about 7 month ago

Dr Sumit Bassi :

Arrhythmia is abnormal electrical activity of heart,which may present with similar sweating as you described.

Dr Sumit Bassi :

If your chest xray was normal before 7 months,so there is no need to press any panic button.

Dr Sumit Bassi :

It is least likely that you have lung cancer.

Customer :

ok does that mean the heart is abnormal then

Dr Sumit Bassi :

Not the heart,the electrical activity in the heart,which can be taken care of by the medications,if found.,so there is nothing again to worry about.

Customer :

ok thank you

Dr Sumit Bassi :

Your most welcome,Please click on accept if satisfied with my answer.

Customer :

can the burping cause tightening in the chest

Dr Sumit Bassi :

Yes,it can,still a ekg needs to be done to rule out other causes first.

Customer :

thanks

Dr. B., Doctor
Experience: Physician with 8 years of experience.