Dr.Israr, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS

what causes dull, chronic rib and breast pain on both side

what causes dull, chronic rib and breast pain on both sides_
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Israr replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for using just answer.

Where it is more intensified? Is it under ribs or over middle of chest?

Any history of stomach burning associated?

What investigation and treatment is already tried?

Do you smoke?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

lower tips and sides of rib cage (both sides), under and sides of both breasts. occassional upper chest. occasional pain around shoulder blade. I feel the need to touch it and feels like its directly on bone.

dull and chronic. No cough, mild morning conjestion, not short of breath, no weigh loss. Reflux since i was a kid after eating too much, but never with heart burn or stomach pain. It really feels like pain directly on the bone. Quit smoking, was never a heavy smoker (pack a week if that). I took antibotics once when it happened and it seemed to have gone away. now its back.

Expert:  Dr.Israr replied 6 years ago.
Ok. Any investigations done?

Any history of loose stool or large volume stool associated?

Edited by Dr.Israr on 9/16/2010 at 5:33 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
not yet
Expert:  Dr.Israr replied 6 years ago.
Ok and thanks for your input.

Respected customer, its difficult to pin point one diagnosis causing this all. There are various causes of such chronic chest pain like acid reflux, esophageal spasm, gallbladder and pancrease problem, costochondritis and anxiety etc.
My advise for you is that such pain warrants your re examination by a GP. You need a detail physical examination and certain base line investigations to reach a diagnosis like x-ray chest, ultrasound abdomen to look the status of gallbladder and pancrease. Endoscopy can also be required if ultrasound and x-ray are inconclusive. Avoid smoking and take tab tylenol in the mean time. Rest of treatment will depend on final diagnosis.
Thanks and feel free for any follow up questions

Edited by Dr.Israr on 9/16/2010 at 5:44 PM EST