Dr.David, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS

Flu symptoms with rash on face, headache, cough, nausea

Flu symptoms, headache, fever, cough, nausea, and rash on face and neck.

Welcome to the just answer website. I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:

From how long you have these symptoms?

Is there running nose also?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Sunday 9/12 started. Rash came tonight probably due to fever. Pushing liquids. Had some broth today, water, seven up. Aches earlier, cold and hot earlier, broke sweat this evening. Headache and rash to cough Sunday morning w/ fever 101. No runny nose. Just felt head, fever is down...not hot to touch. Only concern is rash and fact we were investigating a plantation home in New Orleans area last weekend. Lots of mosquitoes...wore repellent but still got a few bites.

Yes, the symptoms you are having is due to flu. It is caused by viral infection. Infection caused by a virus generally clears up on its own within one week with no complications. Take decongestant like pseudoephedrine hydrochloride, which reduce the swelling of the mucous membranes in the nose. Don't use them more than 5 days. For relief from fever, headache, take tab.Ibuprofen 400 mg twice a day. Take tab sudafed (oral decongestant tablet). Keeping a humidifier running in your room or using an over-the-counter salt-water spray (inhaled through the nose) five or six times a day can provide dramatic relief. All these medications are available at counter. Dry cough is treated with cough suppressants also called antitussives. Dextromethorphan, Diphenhydramine, codeine are the common ones. So I advice you to take the above described medications from your counter. Also take tab Benadryl from your counter as this will help greatly in treating rash & other symptoms. Antibiotics or other prescription medications may be required if the symptoms continues for more than week.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanx for the info...being in the dental field for 36 yrs., I'm able to act pretty quickly on symptoms...but given last weekend's circumstances, just like to be sure. I am also always on alert for symptoms of viral meningitis or flu caused by mosquito bites. Thanx again!

FYI - We were ghost hunting with the Ghost Lab TV Show

This does not seem to be due to viral meningitis. Most likely this is simply viral flu. Antibiotics or other prescription medications may be required if the symptoms continue for more than a week.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanx again...also single mom and culinary student besides pres. paranormal research team.

Thanks for your time.

Nice to know about you. Thanks for using Just answer website.