Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have a small soft lump in between my abdomen and groin kinda

I have a small soft lump in between my abdomen and groin kinda on my hip flexor on only one side! I have no pain at all I was just kinda curious about the possibilities! its in the front where my leg and abdomen meet! Thanks
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
DR HASAN :

HI

DR HASAN :

Thanks for your question

DR HASAN :

Since how long you have this

Customer :

Just noticed it a couple of weeks ago! cant really tell yet if there is any growth or not! it seems like it could be part of a muscle or something from lifting weights!

DR HASAN :

Does it get hard if you contract your muscle or change position of your leg

Customer :

Yes if I stand on my leg it gets hard! if i pick my leg up you can still feel it a little bit but it gets soft!

DR HASAN :

is that mobile?

DR HASAN :

Hello you there

Customer :

What do you mean mobile?

DR HASAN :

can you move it from side to side or from above downward if you hold it between your thumbs and fingers.

Customer :

Maybe a little bit! but not enough to really tell for sure

Customer :

It doesnt feel like its moving

DR HASAN :

any other swelling in the body or any swelling near by.

Customer :

Not that i have noticed!

Customer :

Hello!

DR HASAN :

sorry for the delay, some system error

DR HASAN :

Thanks for your info

Customer :

No problem im still here

DR HASAN :

Based on your symptoms there can be few causes for this swelling. This can be a lump arising from a muscle, inguinal hearnia, inguinal lymph node, lipoma etc

Customer :

What do you recommend? does it sound serious to you?

DR HASAN :

You need to see your GP initially to get it examined and get yourself investigated by blood work up, and other investigations like FNAC in case of lymph node, Ultrasound in case of hernia, etc etc

DR HASAN :

Well with your age and symptoms i donot think that it will be anything dangerous

DR HASAN :

but definitely doctor doing and examination and investigations will be able to decide this

DR HASAN :

I think get an opinion & hopefully there will be nothing serious

DR HASAN :

Do you want to ask anything else

DR HASAN :

please feel free

Customer :

That answered most of my questions like i said i was just kinda curious! There is no pain or anything! Is there any other information you have

DR HASAN :

Thanks for the input

Customer :

What could be some of the problems i might run into with lymph nodes

DR HASAN :

Well i think we have discussed most of the things. I will just say that you should get it examined soon. Definitely not an emergency but see a doctor and get a diagnosis so that you could get treated

DR HASAN :

If its a lymph node then it can be anything ranging from infection(less likely because of no pain but many infections have no pain also when chronic), Lymphoma(again not likely) etc

DR HASAN :

Well it is less likely to be a lymph node, if it is then it can be drainage site for some problem near by

DR HASAN :

well i donot think so

DR HASAN :

so donot worry much

DR HASAN :

i hope this helps you

DR HASAN :

Donot worry you will be fine soon and hopefully there will be nothing serious

DR HASAN :

i wish you good luck

Customer :

Thank you!

DR HASAN :

Please click ACCEPT if you are happy with our conversation

DR HASAN :

Regards

DR HASAN :

you want to ask anything else

DR HASAN :

hello

DR HASAN :

Customer :

No thanks that should do it! Thanks!

Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery