Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  Several years of clinical experience in all fields of Medicine.
11246089

I have a constant taste of garlic in my mouth. Is this indicative

I have a constant taste of garlic in my mouth. Is this indicative of any kind of serious medical or dental problem? And what can I do to solve it?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 6 years ago.
Hello, welcome to just answer and thank you for your question.

You are having a condition known as dysguesia or having altered taste sensation.This is mostly due to diseases of the gums, teeth, sinuses, upper respiratory infections like pharyngitis or tonsillitis.

You should follow a strict oral hygiene like gargling with antiseptic mouth rinses containing chlorhexidine or triclosan.

If this does not help, you should see a dental surgeon if you do not have upper respiratory tract infections (as mentioned above).

It was a pleasure assisting you.Please press the "GREEN ACCEPT" button to accept the answer. FEEDBACK and BONUS would be highly appreciated.