Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

Hi, my blood pressure is 123 over 78. Resting heart rate is

Customer Question

Hi, my blood pressure is 123 over 78. Resting heart rate is 72 and temp is 37.1. One month ago, I had a sharp pain in the left hand arch in my foot. It was for three hours non stop and then it went away. Since then, pain has occured in my right foot, above my knees (front of them), Thighs, and in the joints of my thumbs. Normally the pain only occurs in one area at a time and the pain is a shooting pain which lasts a few seconds, but today, the pain has been everywhere ..sharp shooting pains in these areas, causing me headaches and discomfort. I would like to know if you can diagnose what I might have.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. Abid :

Hi

Dr. Abid :

Welcome to JUST ANSWER.

Dr. Abid :

Please tell me did you have any past history of such type of problem?

Dr. Abid :

Any family history of joint problem?

Customer :

Hi Dr Abid

Customer :

No, and not any family history that I am aware of

Dr. Abid :

Any evidence of infection (respiratory or gatrointestinal ) prior to the development of pain?

Dr. Abid :

Any precepetating or relieveing factors?

Customer :

I suffer from GERD which was diagnosed a year and a half ago but have never experienced this type of pain in conjunction with the GERD and it is a different pain

Customer :

Nothing...it is random, comes and goes with or without any exercise or movement

Customer :

I dont exercise much at all. I work in an office, dont get out a lot but play golf once a week which is a hobby I took up two months ago. Occasionally go to driving range to hit a few balls

Dr. Abid :

Did you checked your uric acid level and your blood glucose level?

Dr. Abid :

Pain occurs more at morning time or it happens at any time ?

Dr. Abid :

Any history of morning stiffness in joints?

Customer :

I have an appointment on Friday but I am worried as the pains have got worse today...pain is anytime, but more noticable between 11 and 5pm.

Customer :

I have history of neck stiffness

Dr. Abid :

Any evidence of joint swelling?

Customer :

No evidence of swelling

Customer :

it is the same pain as pulling a muscle

Customer :

if that helps?

Customer :

sharp pain, not a dull tennis elbow pain. normally short and sharp but now occuring more and more frequently. A week ago it occured once or twice a day but now occuring more on all those areas

Dr. Abid :

Thanks for info as you mentioned that you have pin that initially started from one joint and gradually it involved the other joints with no family hitory of joint pin ,no evidence of joint swelling but little neck stiffness that you have keeping all these facts in mind there are few possibilties that should beruled out it includes gout (so for that you may need to check uric acid level) ,get your RA factor to rule out the possibilty of rhematoid arthritis ,ESR and CRPto see any evidence of chronic joint problem.Exact diagnosis can be obtained after test but as far as pain is concerned dont worry it can be controlled by the help of over the counter medicine suc as tab advil 22omg two tablets twice a day till you will get consultation ,avoid alchol ,caffeine and get test.

Dr. Abid :

Regards XXXXX XXXXX you a good health

Dr. Abid :

These possibilties should be kept in mind to proceed further .

Customer :

Thanks...I will take a note of what you said and ask my GP to investigate these areas also. With my vitals being as they are now, do you think I have to worry about anything serious at this point?

Dr. Abid :

No your vitals are absolutely ok dont worry for that .

Customer :

Thanks...If I need more help I will use you again.

Dr. Abid :

Thanks if you feel my response helpful please click accept button so that i may get credit.

Dr. Abid :

Regards.

Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS(R)