Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I bought IVL Alleviate product and hope it will help with arthritis

Customer Question

I bought IVL Alleviate product and hope it will help with arthritis pain. Any opinion on the product?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
DrThomasMd :

Hello from ja

DrThomasMd :

please wait while i change the format, don't post till i post you again if you can wait

This product relies on HA or hyaluronic acid, orally, to help the joints. This has not been proven to be the case but there are patient reports of relieve. The product also has some pain relieving and anti-oxidant foods such as ginger root and herbs such as white willow bark, which might help, indeed, with inflammation and pain. This probably will not improve the joint structure, but might well help with pain, if the product has what it says, in enough dose or in the dose right for you. There is no way to tell.
Glucosamine, on the other hand, has some study as to its pain relieving aspects in osteo arthritis. This is not in this product.
I see nothing dangerous in these ingredients. It might help, but you are in the position of having to try and see. No guarantees.
Good luck

DT: Please click on ACCEPT so that I get answer credit. Ask more if needed. Positive feedback the most appreciated. Bonuses the most helpful, especially for multiple answers and long chats. Answers are for educational purposes only.