Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, US Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States

Ive never had a nosebleed before, and have had two in the

I've never had a nosebleed before, and have had two in the last 24 hours. I am male and 22 yrs old. Should I be concerned?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 6 years ago.

Were the nosebleeds difficult to stop?
Do you have any chronic health problems? (high blood pressure, etc?)
Have you been taking any aspirin or ibuprofen?
Any bleeding gums or easy bruising?
Cold symptoms?

Dr Abby
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
moderately difficult to stop. no cronic health issues. No aspirin or ibuprofen. no bleeding gums or bruising. no cold symtoms. or headache
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the information,

Usually nosebleeds are due to dryness, nose picking, allergies or trauma to the nose.
If you have seasonal allergies, if it has been dry where you live or have been picking recently, then I would not be concerned about the recent bleeding.

If you cannot think of any reason as to why the bleeding has been taking place, I would have your doctor examine you. Rarely, spontaneous nosebleeds can be associated with growths in the nose or underlying bleeding disorders (such as low platelets).

Alcohol has been associated with an increased risk for nosebleeds. If you have increased your alcohol intake, this could also explain it.

When you have a nosebleed, make sure to pinch the soft part of the nose for 5 to 10 minutes without stopping. Lean slightly forward to help prevent the blood from going down your throat. You can also try applying ice (this helps to constrict the blood vessels).

Feel free to ask any follow up questions,

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my help, please remember to click accept. Thank you!!