dr.sehr, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,FCPS,

Stomach pressure, gas approx 3 hours after eating at luchtime,

Customer Question

Stomach pressure, gas approx 3 hours after eating at luchtime, been gluten avoiding for a while seemed to work but now back again. Today had oats at breakfast and some dry corn crackers and cup of tea at lunch, tried cutting out various things but can't pin pint anything. Eating nothing works though
Category: Medical
Expert:  dr.sehr replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer,
Dear customer,

Tell me
Since how many days you have this problem/symptoms?
Any history of medical disorder(IBS)?
Any test/treatment taken?any relation to specific food/aggravating factor?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Seemed ok for abut 6 months since avaiding bread and pasta and the gluten.
Started again in last few week.
Had had the videos done both ends, Diverticlum seen, felt good after this treatment mainly cos of the stuff I had to take before hand. Local GP says IBS but I'm trying find the trigger is there is one.
I guess I can recall similar episode going back maybe 8 years
Expert:  dr.sehr replied 6 years ago.
Yes,respected customer on the basis of your symptoms most likely you are suffering from IBS.
IBS is generally a diagnosis based upon symptoms and the absence of findings of other diseases; there is no test that can confirm the diagnosis of IBS. various option available other then immodium to control IBS which are as follows

• High fiber diet(fruit,beans etc)
  • Tab Mebeverine
  • Probiotics
  • Amytriptyline etc.
As IBS has stress association and it is worsen by it, psychotherapy to overcome such stress also recomended.

For IBS, the primary issue is avoidance of gas forming foods, such as beans or cabbage. It is also true that some people may be sensitive to a wide variety of foods, so if you find that a particular food exacerbates your symptoms, you should avoid that food.Anticholinergics (antispasmodics), such as dicyclomine (Bentyl), which help prevent or relieve painful cramping spasms in the intestines.

My advise for you is that you should consult Gastroentrologist to diagnose and discuss about above mentioned medicines.

Best wishes

Edited by dr.sehr on 8/25/2010 at 4:30 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry doesn't tell me anything new, dont eat beans or cabbage
Expert:  dr.sehr replied 6 years ago.
Respected customer if you are already take care regarding your diet then you should go for medicines which i have prescribed you after your consultation with Gastroentrologist.