Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Medical Physician and Surgeon
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

fgurgling in my grion about where I think my femoral artery ios

I feel a fgurgling in my grion about where I think my femoral atery ios. It seem to be in sync with my heartbeat. is this serious?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is likely that you are experiencing the bruit or gurgling sound of abnormal blood flow or turbulence in the blood flow which can be caused be arteriosclerosis (cholesterol plaque deposits). I suggest that you follow-up with your doctor for closer evaluation with complete physical examination, Doppler ultrasound of the lower extremities and check of the lipid profile. If you are found to have abnormal cholesterol profile, then you would be treated medications like Lipitor or Zocor. In the meantime, I suggest that you use over the counter aspirin daily.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.