Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Medical Physician and Surgeon
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

Please i discovered a couple of months ago that my right testis

Customer Question

Please i discovered a couple of months ago that my right testis splitted into 2 thereby making it 3 and feeling some pains down there, Please i need help.i talked to one and he gave me antibiotics injection and drugs but the pain only went for a couple of weeks.I went back to him and he gave me another Injection for 5 days and it doesn't make any different.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is likely that you are experiencing the symptom of underlying testicular abnormality including testicular cyst, spermatoceles, or even testicular cancer. It is unlikely to be testicular cancer due to the painful nature. Testicular cancers are not usually painful on presentation. The other conditions to be considered include, epididymal cysts or spermatoceles, which are collection of benign cysts(small , fluid filled bags). They may cause symptoms of pain and discomfort. Such problem can be surgically corrected if the pain and tenderness fail to resolve or get worse. I suggest that you follow-up with your doctor (urologist) for closer evaluation with tests including Doppler ultrasound to confirm the viability of the testes. In the meantime, I suggest that you use over the counter Aleve 1-2 pills twice daily with food as needed for pain.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.

Dr. Stan, Medical Physician and Surgeon
Experience: Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the answer,my testes is always firm in the morning when am taking my bath or sometimes when i got erections and i do not have any problem keeping up with my girl friend.But whenever there's no erection,my right testes splits into 2 making it 3 and 1 will be above the other and the one on top is always paining me.Please get back to me Doc.

Thanks.
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 4 years ago.
Thank you so much:

It is likely that this is a non-harmful cyst of the testicle or feeling of the epididymus that becomes more noticeable when there is no erection. A Doppler ultrasound would assist the doctor determining if this needs any further investigation and/or treatment. It is likely that there is no significant harm with this, and should resolve with time.

Edited by Dr. Stan on 8/23/2010 at 3:18 AM EST