Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Medical Physician and Surgeon
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

Brother fell but was able to get up - spent a few hours sitting

Brother fell but was able to get up - spent a few hours sitting and then lost balance and complained of pain from knee to toes in front and calf muscle pain - 2 exrays show nothing but leg continues to drag!
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is likely that he experienced the lost of balance and fall related to stroke. The source of the clot could be from a lower leg (calf) or heart. I suggest that he follow-up with his doctor for closer evaluation with Doppler ultrasound of the lower leg, EKG and echocardiography to exclude heart involvement in the clot formation if that becomes the case. In the meantime, I suggest that he take daily over the counter aspirin, and his doctor should consider starting him on heparin and/or coumadin if is determine to be present in the calf area.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.