Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Medical Physician and Surgeon
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

_For several years my left testicle has been more sensitive

_For several years my left testicle has been more sensitive than the other and recently has become even more so. I had my prostate removed eight months ago (cancer) and a hernia repaired four ago. _Both testicles seem to hang lower than before but it’s the pain that causes me the most concern. The pain is not constant and doesn’t keep me from my normal actives, but crossing my legs or washing during bathing can be very uncomfortable. I’m 64 years old.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is likely that testicles hanging lower than normal (especially the left) is causing more rubbing or straining between the thighs leading to inflammation and/or soreness. It is also possible that there is underlying inflammation of the testicles due to other cause such as infection, that has never been resolved. However, this testicular pain may have gotten worse since the surgery and/or hernia repair. I suggest that you follow-up with your doctor for closer evaluation with tests including doppler ultrasound of the testicles, and urinalysis. In the meantime, I suggest that you avoid crossing yours, keep your thighs separated while seating, wear your underwear loose, and use over the counter Aleve 1-2 pills twice daily as needed for pain and soreness.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.