Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Medical Physician and Surgeon
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

Are there any dangerous drug interactions with B vitamins--In

Are there any dangerous drug interactions with B vitamins--In particular, Thiamin, Niacin, Riboflavin, B-12?

Welcome to Just Answer:

There is no dangerous or significant adverse interaction between the use of thiamine, niacin, Riboflavin and/or B-12. However, niacin at doses more than 500 mg can cause stomach pain and irritation with skin flushing, and if other vitamins are use at the same time, it can slow their absorption. In general, the treatment of high dose niacin induced flushing is over the counter aspirin.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.