Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.Faculty at a leading tertiary care teaching hospital.
20638885

Hi, I recently discovered a white patch on my scrotum which

Customer Question

Hi, I recently discovered a white patch on my scrotum which is not flaky..the skin does look wrinkly though and it itches when i sweat or shower under hot water... I am in a relationship and did not sleep around..what could this be? Thanks
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr.Amita :

Hello

Dr.Amita :

It looks like you have fungal infection of the scrotum because it is also more in humid and wet conditions. You need to see a doctor to confirm the diagnosis by proper examination and start anti-fungal creams.

Customer:

thank you...what could cause it and why is it only on one side?

Dr.Amita :

it could be caused by poor hygiene, diabetes, low immunity, from sexual contact with infected woman, antibiotic use. Only on one side is by chance. Maintain good personal hygiene, wear loose cotton clothes, avoid any cosmetic application.

Dr.Amita :

Are you still there.

Customer:

Ahh..ok

Customer:

just trying to think

Customer:

my hygiene is good, no diabetes

Customer:

immunity might be a bit low

Customer:

or I might have got it then from my girlfriend

Customer:

is it a std?

Customer:

we are in a exclusive relationship hmm

Dr.Amita :

No it is not an STD

Customer:

This is slightly embarrasing...

Customer:

apologies for all the questions, the fact that it is a white spot which are wrinkly..will it go away eventually? The white spot now

Customer:

skin wrinkly

Dr.Amita :

If it is a fungal infection it will go away with anti-fungal creams.

Customer:

Thank you doc, can I just go and buy a anti fungal cream or must I go to a docter?

Dr.Amita :

I would suggest you to first s visually.how it to a doctor to confirm the diagnosis by seeing it

Dr.Amita :

I would suggest you to first go to a doctor to confirm the diagnosis by visually seeing it.

Customer:

Ok, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX put my fears to rest, I was very worried

Customer:

Cant believe this has happened to me... very embarrasing

Dr.Amita :

You are most welcome. Click the accept button if you are satisfied so that i can get my share.

Customer:

Any ways, thanks for your time and have a nice week.. Must be very late in India at the moment! Enjoy the cricket if you are a fan!

Customer:

Good bye

Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience: MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.Faculty at a leading tertiary care teaching hospital.
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 4 years ago.
Good bye