IMDR06, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine Physician and HIV Physician

My sons blood tests came back with a 794.8 nonspecific abnormal

Customer Question

My son's blood tests came back with a 794.8 nonspecific abnormal results of function study of liver. He just went in to have an ankle looked at that was swollen. He is 23. He doesn't drink and has been healthy all his life. They have referred him to see a GI Doctor. I am worried to death about this and he can't get in to see the GI doc until Oct. The only thing My son could improve on is his diet. Should I worry or can you tell me something that might relieve my worries?

Patti M
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for asking

Could you please tell me what is 794.8 in your liver function tests? Is it ALT,AST or something else

Does your son got any symptom

Any other medical problem he is having or is he using any medicines

Was an ultrasound done as well

Edited by DOC EK on 8/14/2010 at 11:30 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I was not given any info as to ALT or AST. He does not have any othere medical problems nor is he taking any medication except he sometimes takes Tylenol Allergy medication (over the counter). He went in for a left swollen ankle.
Expert:  IMDR06 replied 6 years ago.

hi, 794.8 is a diagnosis code, it does not tell us anything about the lab tests. the diagnosis code could have been written in error. if you could get a copy of the lab tests that would be great.

dr. sciberras

Expert:  IMDR06 replied 6 years ago.

I see that you have viewed my answer.

Do you have any further questions for me? If not, i'd appreciate if you clicked Accept so I could be compensated for my time! Thank you!

Dr. Sciberras