Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.

does a pacemaker beep when the battery is low

Chat Conversation Started
Ken :

Hello,Pacemakers do have an internal beeper system. The beeper starts beeping when the battery gets pretty low so you know to get yourself to the doctor right away.

A standard pacemaker battery usually lasts around 6-10 years. The battery strength should be checked regularly every 6 months. If you hear a beeping sound coming from your pacemaker, you should call your doctor right the way.

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
when you say right a way do you mean go to a hospital right now are contact my Dr in the morrning?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

when you say right away do you mean that i should go to the hospital are see my Dr in the morning

Generally the units give a advance warning of around 6 months before it gets completely depleted. It is better you see your doctor coming morning itself.

God bless