Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist. MBBS,MD
25020506

I HAVE A PAIN BEHIND MY EAR, A PINCHED NERVE , OR A OVER-ACTIVE

I HAVE A PAIN BEHIND MY EAR, A PINCHED NERVE , OR A OVER-ACTIVE NERVE
Category: Medical
Expert:  Caring doc replied 6 years ago.

Hi.Welcome to just answer.

Sorry to hear about your problem.

The pain behind ear may be due to many reasons.In addition to local causes like any nerve impingement,skin infection,cervical spine issues there can also be ear problems leading to pain at this site like middle ear infections,bone pathologies and problems of throat nose and teeth can lead to referred pain at this site.I would suggest you to consult an ENT specialist to rule out other pathologies of ear and temporal bone.For possible you can take Tricyclic antidepressants like Amitriptyline.This is very effective for relieving nerve pains.you can also use Lyrica.But all these medicines will be available to you after prescription of your doctor.So it is essential for you to have an ENT/Neurology consultation for detailed ENT examination and neurological examination.hope this helps.Wish you health.