Experience:  dasdasd

Are elevated liver enzymes associated with an ulcer

Are elevated liver enzymes associated with an ulcer?

Have you got the numbers, or at least know if these were mild elevations? Are you just now being diagnosed with diabetes? Do you drink alcohol? What was the presumed diagnosis for the abdominal pain?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The doctor did not give me specific #'s on the elevations, he used the term "slightly" elevated, enough to be concerned. The diagnosis of diabetes is a new diagnosis. I drink alcohol occasionally, I drank more in the past. They initially thought it was gall bladder disease, they performed a sonogram and I had a dye test done today. They said my gall bladder was functioning normally.
Were you given medication for the diabetes? Do you take anything with acetaminophen (Tylenol) on a regular basis?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, medication right now to control my sugar levels...and no I do not take anything with acetaminophen on a regular basis...I'm not sure this helps at all but I was diagnosed with prostate cancer about 12 years ago...prostate was removed, have been cancer free since then.
OK. Mildly elevated liver enzymes may not indicate anything serious, and they should be repeated in two or three months to see if they've returned to normal, stayed the same, or increased. That said, possible causes can be fatty liver--often seen with untreated diabetes and obesity--hepatitis (althought the enzymes are usually very high and the patient is jaundiced and very sick), and Gilbert's disorder which is a benign genetic elevation of, especially, bilirubin. I'd screen you for hepatitis, get your blood sugar under control, get a CT of the abdomen to rule out any blockage of the biliary tract, and repeat the enzymes at a later date. With good control of your diabetes and, if needed, diet control and weight loss, the enzymes may well return to normal.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Are there any worst case scenarios that I should be aware of?
Probably not, since the elevation is modest. Worst case scenario would be hepatitis, but I doubt that's the cause here. Most likely uncontrolled diabetes, and, if it's only fatty liver, that can resolve with diet and weight loss and doesn't result in chronic liver damage or problems with liver function.