Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist. MBBS,MD

MY VEIN IN MY LEFT ARM IS BULGING AND HURTS, HAND HAS FELT NUMB AND TINGLY OVER PAST FEW DAYS. All after very hard construction work on 100 degree roof with repititious shovel scraping. What is the problem?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Caring doc replied 6 years ago.

Hi.Welcome to just answer.

Sorry to hear about you problem.

It seems probably that the vein of your arm has become blocked at some site.There are many reasons for it and seems probably not related to your work.I would suggest you to go for venous Doppler scan of your left arm to know the exact reason for blockade so that further workup can be done to rule out the cause.Wish you health.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I am going to go to a walk in doctor place.

The hand and arm were just going numb, tingly,

and that was two days ago. it is worse when I sleep.

Thought maybe just something like carpel tunnel, but

the vein bulging and pain is nagging / aching in my arm

now. Really wierd feeling. Just was scared a stroke or

heat stroke or heartattack etc. I appreciate your help and

will hit the accept button. Is there any other thoughts you

have on this situation?

It doesn't seem to be some thing like heart attack or stroke as you have mentioned a bulging vein as well.Yes it may be a carpal tunnel if you have risk factors like Diabetes or hypothyroidism although it can be idiopathic as well.Physical examination is necessary for the proper diagnosis.If you have risk factors for the heart disease like family history,hypertension,diabetes,sedentary life,hypercholesterolemia etc you also need to be vigilant as possibility of cardiac pain is there but your age doesn't favor this.a

Any problem at the level of neck like obstruction or cervical spine problem may also be the culprit.In any case visit to physician is important.wish you health.