Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

how long does it take to get thc out of your urine for a lab

Customer Question

how long does it take to get thc out of your urine for a lab test. If You are an evreyday user? I have been clean fr a week and a half, drinking lots of water and excecising. I have two weeks until the test. Is there anyithing lse I can do and will I pass?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 4 years ago.
DearCustomer
Hello.The THC detection time would be about 3 days for a single use,5-7 days for moderate use (4 times/week),10-15 days for regular users and over 30 days for long term heavy users.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm a medical uaer and have smoked everyday for years. I have to take a urine etst for a job. Lab test. What should I do to expedite the prossess

Sorry.There are no short cuts to remove THC from the body.At least 10-15 days gap will be required to eliminate the THC from the body.

Edited by Vakul Aren on 8/3/2010 at 4:06 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
drinking lots of water and exercise won't help? I haven't smoked in a week and have two more weeks until test. Will I pass? I bought this product called Qcarbo. It says to take it two hours before test. Will it mess up test. Should I go without it and do I have a chance in passig it?
Since you have quit a week ago and have another two weeks to go,the THC should be cleared from your system by then if you are not a heavy user.As I said earlier regular users will be clear of the THC in 10-15 days and heavy users will take 30 days.You are only a regular user for medicinal purposes so your usage would be mild(I hope it is not heavy ) ,you will have a time frame of 21 days. Your body should be free of THC by then provided you are abstaining completely.You do not need any product of dubious value to help you clear the body of THC.

Edited by Vakul Aren on 8/3/2010 at 6:25 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what is the difference between a heavy user/ regular. times per day and quantity. how many grams per week?
I opt out to let some other expert help you .
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  Family Physician replied 4 years ago.
Do you still need help with this question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes

Unfortunately, there is no scientific evidence supporting the effectiveness of any product, protocol, or home remedy to remove THC from your body.

The detection period for marijuana depends on the amount and frequency of use.

You will find lots of sites on the web claiming near miracle ability to help "beat" the urine drug tests. Save your money, they don't work.

You should also be aware that some of these products are dangerous and can cause your urine to be reported as adulterated - tampered with, which is dealt with exactly the same as a positive test.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm a medical user, 6'2 160 lbs. smoke about 3 grams a weeks for yars. clean for a week and a half. I need to take a lab test in two weeks. I've been pounding water and excercising. What are the chances of passing and is there anything else I should be doing. I have a very high metabolism. This is for a job and I'm sure they probably don't care I have my med card.
Drinking large quantities of water does not hasten the elimination of THC from the body.

There is no evidence that a "high metabolism" is associated with a faster elimination of THC from the urine.

With the amount of marijuana intake, I would expect you to be negative within 2 weeks. This study looked at heavy users (56 grams/month) and found that they were positive for a period from 9-25 days (average 13 days)
http://archpedi.highwire.org/cgi/content/abstract/139/11/1093
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks for the info
Your very welcome.
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience: Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years