Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician
Experience:  MBBS DNB

I HAVE PAIN IN MY PENIS, SOMETIMES IT FEELS LIKE LITTLE NEEDLES

I HAVE PAIN IN MY PENIS, SOMETIMES IT FEELS LIKE LITTLE NEEDLES POKING ME, AND WHEN I HAVE SEX AND AFTER I HAVE A DISCOMFORT OF PAIN THAT COULD LAST A COUPLE OF DAYS AT TIMES. IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE LESS OF A MAN.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 4 years ago.
Hello

Thank you for using Just Answer.

I would like to you to answer a few questions before I could give you a proper diagnosis and help you in your management.

Since when do you have this?
do you get any discharge?
Do you have a similar sensation anywhere else on the body?
do you have diabetes?
do you have erectile problems anytime ?
does your ejaculate contain blood?
do you get pain in the groin or the perineal area?

thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
this has been going on for awhile off and on.i do not get a discharge. i dont have any other symptons like that on any other part of my body.yes i ahve diabetes some times i have alittle problem staying hard but it works right back up. i do not have any blood coming out. no pain anywhere else.
Hello

Thank you for your reply.

Is your Diabetes Under control?
Have you ever checked your Vitamin B 12 levels?

thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes my diabetes is under control. i think so.
Thank you for your reply.

I would suggest you to get your blood sugar monitored on a regular basis . Also a blood Hb 1 Ac tests needs to be done to monitor sugar levels.

Diabetes is one very commonly associated with such nerve problems and can result in the similar symptoms.

Tab. fluoxetine 20 mg daily along with blood sugar levels can help.

thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what is fluoxetine 20 mg
Flouxetine 20 mg is a a drug that acts at the nerve levels and reduces the chemical levels of serotonin. this will help in reducing the incidence of the nerve signals that cause the abnormal sensation
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what is levels of serotonin?
serotonin are chemical levels in the brain that influence the nerve conduction in the body. they also influence the moods and pain sensations
Dr. Pravin, Physician
Experience: MBBS DNB