Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
8708167

What are the causes of EPIPLOIC APPENDAGITIS. Reoccurence

Customer Question

What are the causes of EPIPLOIC APPENDAGITIS. Reoccurence?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 6 years ago.

This is self limiting condition of the fat extensions of the large bowel.These are fat growths with narrow stalk on the wall of the large bowel which can get twisted on its stalk and so impedes the blood circulation to its self.This causes inflammation and pain in the region.Usually this subsides of its own without intervention.Symptomatic treatment in the form of painkillers is all that is needed.
There is no way one can predict this condition as some people have long fat growths which are more prone to this condition.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Dr. Tharun,

My question is about preventative: what cause and what to avoid. Is this food related, as I am extremely healthy diet in over the last 25 years.

As I said it is due to torsion of the small fat outgrowths from the colon wall. It doesn't have a reason and so there aren't any measures to prevent it other than surgery and remove the inflamed appendage laparoscopically.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Dr.Tharun