IVY MD, Doctor
Experience:  USA trained physician in Internal Medicine, Critical Care, Anesthesiology, and Interventional Pain

I have a cyst-like bump on my right upper gum and jaw line.

I have a cyst-like "bump" on my right upper gum and jaw line. It's been there about 6 months. Went to 2 different dentists and neither could find anything wrong. Any ideas? Thank you in advance...
Category: Medical
Expert:  IVY MD replied 6 years ago.
These cysts usually occur in susceptible people from eating foods that cause them and you are correct in ascertaining that acidic foods are very likely to cause this. The usual suspect is tomatoes and they can cause them quite quickly. They are really quite harmless if they aren't opened and you don't really need any treatment for them except if you want them to stop coming, you'll need to stop eating spicy and acidic foods.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you. There is a constant throb associated with the cyst. I will take your advice and remove as much acid from my diet as possible. I do not take any kind of prescription or OTC medication and would appreciate your suggestions on herbal or alternative therapies.

Expert:  IVY MD replied 6 years ago.
If there is pain, you can try something like orajel to numb the pain. There really is no herbal medication that works for this in my opinion.