IMDR06
IMDR06, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine Physician and HIV Physician

i found a orange round pill and it has SKF on one side and

Customer Question

i found a orange round pill and it has SKF on one side and a divider line on the other side, is this aldactone? and if so what MG is it 25, 50, or 100mg pill?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Doctor Ellis replied 3 years ago.

Is the pill perfectly round?

Are there any numbers on it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes pill is perfectly round and has no numbers on it just SKF on one side and a divider line on the other side

I am sorry but I can not find a matching pill that has no numbers on it. I will opt out.

Edited by Doctor Ellis on 7/23/2010 at 11:54 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
is there anyone that can answer this? I know this is a hard one, i even have my mothers Lippincott's nurses drug manual out and can't find it!
Expert:  IMDR06 replied 3 years ago.
is it bright orange or more of a tan color?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
wow I guess its not "BRIGHT" orange so i guess more of a tan color.
Expert:  IMDR06 replied 3 years ago.

i have checked multiple pill identifier sites and it does not appear to be aldactone. it would also list the milligram dosage if it was aldactone.

unfortunately there are no pills that say just "skf" on them, perhaps the rest of it rubbed off?

to be on the safe side, i would get rid of the pill. if you like, you can take a picture of the pill and upload it here so we can see more what it looks like.

sorry i could not be of more help,

dr. sciberras

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i will try and upload a pic graphic

pill says SKF on it and that is all, i have about 10 pill and none of them have any numbers on them

Expert:  IMDR06 replied 3 years ago.

thank you for uploading the pic. where did you find these pills? are there any other medications that you are on? i am wondering if this is some kind of placebo pill or a street pill, as it is not showing up in any databases. i will check a few more.

Dr. Sciberras

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is a friend of mines who i told him i would find out what it is, I am beginning to thing it could be manufactured by an underground lab in china. I am about to look in that direction as there is only one very large UG manufacturer that i know of in china. I am going to attempt to email that company.

Expert:  IMDR06 replied 3 years ago.
why is he so interested in the pills? why not just throw them out?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

O now that is a story within itself, he is a bodybuilder and want to take the "supposedly" aldactone before his competition to rid himself of water, he want a weak potassium sparing diuretic and was told those pill were aldactone but was not told what milligram. he says he only wants to take 25mg twice daily for 5 days before his comp.

bodybuilding is a crazy sport... WOW!

Expert:  IMDR06 replied 3 years ago.

well i would tell him to just throw it out. you can't trust what anyone says, plus it is both illegal if he bought these from someone and it is not safe to take them without the prescription and being monitored by a doctor. he can cause his potassium level to go way up and cause serious heart arrhythmias and even death by taking aldactone without the guidance of a doctor. i am sorry i cannot be of more help but i cannot ethically support what he is doing either.

Dr. Sciberras

Edited by IMDR06 on 7/24/2010 at 11:25 PM EST