Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS

Sonogram shows fluid around gallbladder. What could that mean

Sonogram shows fluid around gallbladder. What could that mean ?
Thanks for your question. I would say that fluid around the gall bladder is also known as pericholecystic fluid and normally seen in inflammation of gall bladder such as cholecystitis. Other problems such as biliary disorders, obstruction in pancreatic ducts can also be there. It is important to have complete evaluation done by gastro doctor for this thing at the earliest and some more specific tests. Best wishes.

Do ACCEPT the answer if you find it useful in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking accept will not cost you anything.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed

Edited by Dr. Amir on 7/23/2010 at 2:21 AM EST