Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

How can I purchase Artribion, in California?

How can I purchase Artribion, in California. Thank you, Lilly.

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

Are you referring to ARTRIBION Vitaminado?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

As you know that this medication is not available in California, and is also not available in any online pharmacy. Basically this combination contains Vitamins B1, B6, B12 and Diclofenac Sodium. You can get the vitamins easily since they are available OTC in any pharmacy, however you would need a prescription for Diclofenac Sodium.

Also you must know that Diclofenac is just a pain reliever. This medication must only be used occasionally in osteoarthritis to relieve pain and must not be used daily due to the gastrointestinal and renal adverse effects.

Hence, for relieving pain I would suggest that you take Tylenol instead of Diclofenac, since this medication has comparatively less adverse effects. If pain is not relieved by Tylenol alone, then you combine it with Ibuprofen or take Ibuprofen alone.

The simplest effective treatment for osteoarthritis is to avoid activities that precipitate pain.

Exercise is actually a must in the treatment of osteoarthritis.

But some exercises may actually increase pain, these exercises should be avoided, and the regimen needs to be individualized to optimize effectiveness and minimize discomfort.

Low-impact exercises, such as water aerobics, swimming, and water resistance training, are better tolerated than exercises involving impact loading, such as running or treadmill exercises.

Strength training is also beneficial and can be done in the gym.
For more details read here:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/strength-training/HQ01710

Please also read this web page for some very good exercises which are of low impact:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/aquatic-exercise/SM00055

Lastly I would suggest some general measures such as not lifting heavy objects, weight reduction (if obese), warmth, exercise, and use of a walking stick.