Dr.Sawhney, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,MS

When I breath or burp it smells like I farted from my mouth.

Customer Question

When I breath or burp it smells like I farted from my mouth. Is that stomach problem or is it a dental problem.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Sawhney replied 6 years ago.

Can you please clarify?

Does the smell occur all the time and a person standing in front of you even when you are talking is able to notice the smell or does it occur only when you burp?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
To me lately it seems like everyone is being offended by my breath I believe that its every time I breath.
If this is all the time it is likely to be an oral problem.Though acid reflux and gastritis can be responsible for bad breath the bad odor should occur with burping only if it is caused by stomach issues.Otherwise too the bad breath is most commonly caused by oral issues including build up of plaque in mouth, dry mouth, inadequate cleaning , build up of food particles between teeth etc...
You should see a dentist for this if the problem has been persistent.