Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Medical Physician and Surgeon
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

what are some causes of stomach wall thickening

Welcome to Just Answer:

The conditions that can cause thickening of the stomach wall is likely related to underlying autoimmune inflammatory connective tissue or collagen vascular conditions such as scleroderma, systemic sclerosis, inflammatory bowel conditions; gastroesophageal reflux disease, gastritis and/or peptic ulcer disease. I suggest that you follow-up with your doctor for closer evaluation with tests including ANA, ESR, RF, anti-scl-70, anti-SSA (rho), anti-SSB (La), ANCA panels and endoscopy (upper and lower) with biopsies.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
do any of those things mean stomach cancer
Thank you so much:

None of the conditions mean cancer. It is very unlikely to be cancer, however, it is often necessary that the doctor get biopsy during the endoscopy to confirm the absence of cancer related lesion.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have had nonbacterial cystitus and diverticulitus could the three be related
Thank you so much for your reply:

Diverticulitis could actually cause and/or contribute to intestinal wall thickening as part of inflammatory bowel conditions. Nonbacterial cystitis is less likely to cause intestinal wall thickening.