Dr Brims
Dr Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  MD

I have a burning sensation in my stomach and severe diarrhea

I have a burning sensation in my stomach and severe diarrhea that has lasted 4 days
Hello, how many episodes of diarrhea do you experience per day?
Do you have any blood or mucous in the stool?
Any fevers?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It usually happens within 45 minutes of eating. No blood or mucous in stools. No fever, no aches, no sore troat. Nothing just a burning in the pit of stomach and a gurling sound. Then diarrhea.

What you might be experiencing is hyper acidity.I think you should try to take 1 Pepcid complete everyday (you may take up to 2 a day if needed) This should givr you significant relief of your symptoms , and you may get these over the counter.Try this for 2 weeks, and then you may stop.If the symptoms continue within 2 days of starting this medication the you will need to see a doctor for a physical exam and also will need your stool sample taken for a miroscopic exam and cultures

Let me know if you have more questions or need more information