Dr Singh
Dr Singh, Doctor
Experience:  Physician

Constant belching with discomfort under left shoulder blade

Constant belching with discomfort under left shoulder blade has been plaguing me for about 4 days -- it is very weird as I feel discomfort in my back when I burp. Should I be concerned?
Thank you for the information. From what you describe the possible causes of your discomfort are GERD, or a result of your hiatal hernia. The pain that you feel under your shoulder blade could be due to diaphragm irritation as a result of the burping. I would recommend that you make an appointment with your doctor for treatment of your GERD. Also you may require an evaluation of your hiatal hernia to see if it has gotten any worse which could be the cause of this as well.