Dr Singh
Dr Singh, Doctor
Experience:  Physician

I have Ectodermal Dysplasia, no sweat glands, no hair or teeth.

I have Ectodermal Dysplasia, no sweat glands, no hair or teeth. I have cronic ear and nose infections. I typically get broncitis in the winter months. I also have a stomach ulcer which is not healing I have to take Omeprazole for the rest of my life. I also take Plavix. Recently I had a heart problem and a stent placed in my arterie. I also have to take Syunthroid, Atenolol, Levoxol, Loveastatin, and Ferrex.

I am 58 and as I get older my incidences of medical problems increase, I am currently on a medical leave of absense form my work.I am seeking advise in conjunction with my doctor about applying for disability. I have two doctors who have different opinions about this and would like to obtain more advise.
Thank you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Singh replied 6 years ago.
Since you have multiple medical problems, it would be understandable to consider applying for disability. One of the main requirements to successfully apply for disability is to prove that you are unable to perform your previous work, or any other work appropriate for your age, education and qualification. Here is a useful link:

I would recommend getting all your medical records and consulting a disability lawyer for review of your applications. Most will review your application for free and advise accordingly.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I appreciate your response about consulting an attorney, good thought, did not reliaze there wae attrorneys specializing in disabilty. I know you are not completely familiar with my medical history. I need to asses if you are aware of others like me who are on disability, and I understand that is easier asked than answered. In the last 18 months I have missed more work due to complication to Ectodermal Dysplasia. As you may be aware there are many componets to this genetic disorder, and some aspects are more severe than others. In your professional opinion do I have a valid case?
Expert:  Dr Singh replied 6 years ago.
Although it is difficult to give an accurate analysis without reviewing your medical records, but I think you have a valid case, especially since you have a congenital disorder that has caused you to miss work. You should certainly see a disability attorney with your medical records.