tazechip
tazechip,
Experience:  dasdasd
18722459

Use of baby aspirin vs. fish oil for blood thinning. What

Customer Question

Use of baby aspirin vs. fish oil for blood thinning. What is best and what are the best dosages.
And, is krill oil recommended over fish oil?
Category: Medical
Expert:  tazechip replied 6 years ago.
Actually, you're taking a good mix here. Krill oil or other sources of Omega 3 fatty acids are all effecient for prophylaxis of cardiac disease. Since aspirin and Omega 3 work in slightly different ways, one wouln't recommend one over the other, unless there were a contraindication to on, as in gastritis or peptic ulcer disease being a contraindication to aspirin.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I had a mild case of ischemic colitis, confirmed by a colonoscopy, three years ago. Is the baby aspirin not recommended in this case. Does this fall into the category of gastric problems?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I was just looking for the second answer from Dr. Chip or any other expert.
Expert:  tazechip replied 6 years ago.
Not if the ischemic colitis has fully resolved and there's no residual bleeding.