Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS

Ive been feeling slightly nauseous for a couple of weeks -

I've been feeling slightly nauseous for a couple of weeks - its not debillitating but my stomach feels uncomfortable all the time and I feel slightly sick after eating (but I'm not actually sick). Motions are normal and this started just after my last cycle so pregnancy is not the issue but I have just undertaken 2 long haul flights within a week and I put it down to that. Should I wait a bit longer to see if it settles itself or go to see a doctor?
Thanks for your question. I have reviewed your history & symptoms in detail and come to the conclusion that there is a strong possibility of acid-peptic disease, chronic gastritis, acid-reflux induced complications, h.pylori infection. I will advise these tests for you such as urea breath test, abdominal scan, complete blood count, stool for occult blood, ESR. I will strongly suggest you to see your primary care doctor for complete evaluation and tests in order to rule out anything serious. You should also take Tab. Nexium 40mg one tablet daily half an hour before breakfast for three weeks initially. Avoid spicy or junk food and avoid alcohol at all cost. Evaluation by a physician or gastro doctor is highly recommended for you at the earliest. You may require upper GI endoscopy later on. Best wishes.

Do ACCEPT the answer if you find it useful in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking accept will not cost you anything.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed