Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

low grade fever for 3 days, muscle aches, stiff neck and shouolders,

low grade fever for 3 days, muscle aches, stiff neck and shouolders, no appetite, nausea, woozy on standing. i am diabetic but sugars have been ok ( i use a pump). I had a deep tissue massage thursday and i know it sounds weird but i wonder if it released some toxins into my system and made me sick. My shoulders and neck are still painnful from that, and are getting no better.

I am sorry to hear about your symptoms.

These are likely due to the viral infection.

Massage is unlikely to cause these symptoms directly, unless you caught the viral infection from there.

You can take any anti inflammatory medications like ibuprofen or naproxen if not contraindicated to help with your symptoms.

Drink plenty of fluids & take rest.

These symptoms should subside within 7-10 days.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
when should I seek attention? does the heat make it worse?

Yes, this can also be from heat exhaustion due to the recent heat waves.

If your temperature stays above 101F even after taking antipyretic, if you see your symptoms are not improving at all or worsening after 48 hours from now, your blood sugar is fluctuating too much, then you should seek medical attention.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

ok. right now temp is 98.8. Was 99 this morning. Sugars have been a little high but nothing I am worried about, except that I haven't eaten much, so I feel like they should be lower. I'm in bed with the AC on and drinking lots of water and seltzer. How often can I take extra-strength tylenol or advil? Is one better than the other?

Also...what is heat exhaustion?

You can alternate tylenol & advil every 6 hours.