Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.

I keep getting white dead skin on the side of my tongue what

I keep getting white dead skin on the side of my tongue what is it? and how do i get rid of it for good?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Ken replied 6 years ago.

Do you have any diagnosed medical condition/ are you on any medication? Do you smoke/ use tobacco in any form? Any recent illness?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am on no medication i don't smoke or use any form of tobacco i am fit and healthy.
Expert:  Ken replied 6 years ago.

I can understand your anxiety.

It is coating of debris, bacteria and dead cells on your tongue that makes it look white. We need to consider few causes. Few causes like dehydration/ excess use of mouth for breathing/ alcohol, smoking/ fever/ medications like antibiotics. I am more worried for yeast infection/ auto immune disorder/ infections like syphilis/ leucoplakia {looks less likely though}. Improper oral hygiene/ infection at tooth or gums may also present with similar symptoms.

I would suggest you to have a physical check up along with few investigations like blood tests to rule out other causes.

Till than keep your mouth wet {water sips help, this will reduce growth of bacteria and so white patch}/ try to breath through nose more often {if you do it by mouth}/ have balanced diet and adequate fluid.

Please do not worry, you will be fine soon. God bless