Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092
Medical

my left leg feels like a toothache it really hurts what can

i do or what could... Show More
i do or what could be causing this? thanks!!!
Category: Medical
replied 6 years ago.

Since when do you have these symptoms? Is there any swelling? Do you have any diagnosed medical condition/ are you on any medication?
Customer reply replied 6 years ago.
i have had this for about a week my feet are swollen and i take lexapro, wellbutrin, baby asprin and synthroid.
Ken, Postgraduate doctor replied 6 years ago.

Do you have pain at both the legs/ feet or is it more at left?
Customer reply replied 6 years ago.
more the left the right does not hurt at all and there is alot of pain around the knee

I can understand your anxiety.

We need to consider few causes. Swelling at both the legs suggests that there is accumulation of fluid outside the vessels. This occurs due to leaking from tiny vessels and does occur at most dependent part of the body and so the feet. The causes are hypoproteinemia/ cardiac, liver or kidney abnormality/ lymphatic problem/ venous incompetency/ hormonal causes like thyroid imbalance.

I am more worried for pain at the left leg. It may be due to blood clot in the lower limb veins/ inflammation at the joints/ muscle sprain/ electrolyte imbalance.

I would suggest you to have a physical check up along with few investigations like blood tests/ color doppler lower limb veins/ x ray knee followed by MRI if needed/ EKG to clinch the diagnosis. Treatment will follow.

Till than take rest/ keep your leg raised whenever possible/ raise the leg part of your bed/ anti inflammatory tabs may help/ have balanced diet and adequate fluid.

Please do not worry, you will be fine soon. God bless