Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

My husband has severe stomach cramps, no fever, no vomiting

My husband has severe stomach cramps, no fever, no vomiting or diarrhea. He has had this since friday and we almost went to the emergency room last night. Please advise
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

Since how long he is getting these cramps?

Does he feel pain in the mid line of chest?

Does he get these after he eats something or does eating give relief from pain?

Any sore taste in mouth?

What investigations & treatment were done at ER?

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Friday the 2nd this time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Friday the 2nd this time. we did not go to er. he feels bloatted, his back hurts, he does feel some relief after eating or drinking. toast and tea this am.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your input.

Such cramps in stomach can be mostly due to acid peptic disease.

You can give him Cap Omeprazole 40mg once daily for two weeks.

If the symptoms respond you can continue with this for two weeks atleast otherwise if symptoms persist you need to visit doctor to get yourself evaluated by endoscopy, Ultrasound abdomen etc. for other conditions although less likely.

Only medical treatment will not help, he need to avoid spicy foods, tea, coffee, alcohol, smoking etc. Donot worry he will be fine.

I hope this helps

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
can I get him Cap Omeprazole 40mg over the counter? He also says the pain is in the mid belly area and that his right kidney area hurts. Please advise.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.

Yes you can get it over the counter.

The mid belly area is not the site of kidneys, Its right or left of the mid belly where kidneys are located, if he has burning micturation or other urinary complaints then you can take him to ER as he might need antibiotics after investigations, but seems less likely.

Give him omeprazole,if the pain is tolerable, if it is very severe you can proceed to ER.

Click ACCEPT if you are satisfied.

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
he says that only the muscles of the kidney area are creating pain when urinating and its his belly that is severely cramping. are these signs of an ulcer and would the medicine you recogmend further irritate the ulcer? Please advise.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your input.

With the information you have given now the possibility of urine infection is also there along with Acid peptic disease.

The medicine i recommended helps in healing the ulcer.

I recommend that you should once visit ER to get him examined to determine the exact source of pain as abdomen has a vast area with different structures underneath so it is better to be sure about the cause.

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He drank about a half gallon of cranberry juice yesterday and that made the pain worse last night. Will the medicine you recommend help him until he can get to the regular doctor. We have no insurance........ please advise.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.

Yes i hope this will help him. Tell him to stop taking cranberry anymore.

You can give him tablet hyoscine thrice daily also with cap omeprazole.

Both of them will be available over the counter & are safe to use.

Regards

Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery