Dr. Monica
Dr. Monica, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced U.S. Primary Care Physician treating children, adults, pregnant women, and the elderly.
25897591

I have very slight swelling of the skin just below my eyebrow.

I have very slight swelling of the skin just below my eyebrow. My vision is fine it just looks a little funny.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Monica replied 6 years ago.
Hello-

This could be a reaction to something such as an allergy or a bite. If you don't think you hurt it or got bit by anything, or even if you did, you should still keep an eye on it to see if the swelling gets worse. The most worrisome thing to be aware of is something called cellulitis, which is a skin infection. If the area gets worse, meaning it gets red, more swollen, starts to hurt, or affects your vision in anyway, then you should be seen immediately. If you have any questions about this, better to be safe and be seen.

If it is just a very small area of slight swelling and is not red or affecting you in any other way, you can continue taking allergy medications and using ice, but if it gets worse you probably should be seen by your doctor.

Hope that helps. Please let me know if you have questions.

Best,
Dr. Monica
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is not red at all. It looks completly normal color. No Pain just ever so slightly puffy
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

puffy meanin like i took a bump to the eyebrow but i havent.

Yes, thanks for that additional information.

My advice is the same. It is unclear what has caused this small bump, it could also be a benign skin tumor growing or a benign lesion. If it doesn't go away you should be seen, but if you have the above symptoms or worsening you need to be seen as well.