Dr. Salar
Dr. Salar, Doctor
Experience:  Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine

I bought Arthri-D on T.V. in hopes that it will help my hip

I bought Arthri-D on T.V. in hopes that it will help my hip pain. I am tired of being on Celebrex every day. Will Arthri D really help me?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Salar replied 6 years ago.
arthri D claims to work for joint pain but these are not monitored by FDA so usefulness is not known . it may or may not work .you can try glucosamine and chondroitin sulphate which have proven results for benefits with arthritis. they are used widely with very good results for most.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The Arthri D does have glucomsamine and chondroitin in it. Would that be enough to help me? I am just trying anything. I have hip dysplasia and need surgery but of course too young. I would like to find something more natural. Should I stop taking the Celebrex and try the Arthri D? Or just don't even try the Arthri D?
Expert:  Dr. Salar replied 6 years ago.
you should use simple glucosamine and chondroitin. if arthri-D has other ingredients then dont use it. you can get them from any pharmacy. thesesupplements are not that potent to control pain on their own. it is an add on treatment and you will still need to take some sort of pain medicine wither celebrex or tramadol.