DOCDEV, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, FCCS, Post Doctoral Fellowship in Cardiac Anaesthesia and Critical Care Medicine.

I have had Groin pain that comes and goes for the last couple

I have had Groin pain that comes and goes for the last couple on months I had Open heart surgery the end of January, any connection?
Category: Medical
Expert:  DOCDEV replied 6 years ago.

Is this groin pain occurring on the right or the left side ?

Did you have surgery or any trauma in the groin ?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
left side they harvested the vein from the thigh area but not where the pain is
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
this woke me up about 3 this morning and still hasn't subsided toothache like pain.
Expert:  DOCDEV replied 6 years ago.

I think , an ultrasound examination of the abdomen and pelvis would be needed here.

A left sided groin pain could be related to ovarian pathology( cyst, mass, torsion ) , left sided adnexal illnesses, pelvic congestion syndrome.

Colonic diverticulitis can cause left lower quadrant pain also. An ultrasound can pick up diverticular abscesses.

Please discuss with your physician about this. Its not advisable to ignore this symptom.

Hope this advice helps. Please click ACCEPT so I may receive credit for my time. Feel free to continue asking questions, I am here to help.