tazechip
tazechip,
Experience:  dasdasd
18722459

knot in my stomach or liver area, difficulty breathing, anxiety,

Customer Question

knot in my stomach or liver area, difficulty breathing, anxiety, constant burping and diahorea.
Category: Medical
Expert:  tazechip replied 6 years ago.
How long has this been going on? Where exactly is the knot?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I suffered from anxiety attacks about 5 years ago but have gradually been feeling the symptoms again in the last month. This knot is higher than my stomach area and it came on about 14hrs ago
Expert:  tazechip replied 6 years ago.
But you mentioned liver--is the discomfort in the midline or in your right upper quadrant?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I assume it is in my liver. the pain is in the middle of my tummy, just under the middle of my ribs
Expert:  tazechip replied 6 years ago.
OK. If it were more to the right, it might be a gall bladder/gallstones problem. The burping and diarrhea may be simple gastritis, perhaps from something you've eaten, or an attack of irritable bowel syndrome. I'd suggest the BRAT diet for now--bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast--along with plenty of liquids. If this continues for more than a few days, I'd get bllod work, an ultrasoud or CT of your abdomen, and a stool sample.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what about the tightness in my chest and difficulty breathing? The diahorea and gastritis comes on like addrenalin and I get this every time with the knot and chest pain?
Expert:  tazechip replied 6 years ago.
Well, those symptoms wouldn't be related to the GI problems I mentioned, but it's certainly possible for an anxiety attack to cause all these symptoms.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what can I do for anxiety attack?
Expert:  tazechip replied 6 years ago.
My usual suggestion, apart from slowing your breathing when they occur, is, if they're frequent, seek counseling and then determine if medication--perhaps Lexapro or Celexa--is indicated.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks, XXXXX XXXXX think this may be because of anxieity. I have one last question though...what does the medication do...i am still a little puzzled because I don't know why I would need counseling - my life and family are wonderful so I wouldn't know what needs to be fixed?
Expert:  tazechip replied 6 years ago.
If one suffers from only an occasionally anxiety attack, no medication is necessary.