Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

Is BioActive Liver Rejuvenix literature creditable?

Customer Question

Have you heard of "BioActive Liver Rejuvenix" from Rejuvenation Biocenter, 414 Sunrise Highway #  335, Patchogue, NY 11772. If so, have you read their info literature and do you agree with the general info statements/claims? I can't seem to find a website for them. Mr Goldberg

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 6 years ago.

This product is all over the blogs as a complete scam, a mail order product with no traceable doctor backing it, no web site and no identifiable company headquarters.

I practice integrative medicine so I can help you with some information.
Red yeast rice can work but essentially has a natural statin in it, so potentially can cause the same problem with your liver.

Beta sitesterol is what we use in our practice, say 2000 mg per day along with polycosinol, 10 mg per day, varying the dose of beta sitasterol some what, depending. For such protocols I can refer you to I have seen patients with this one intervention able to stop all other cholesterol lowering medication. sitesterol is a plant sterol that binds cholesterol. Largely non-toxic.

Good Luck
Answers for informational purposes only.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for the info as it related to "Bioactive Live Rejuvinix" and for your suggestion to an alternative, beta sitesterol and polycosinol.

Can you give me your advice as to "ProArgi-9" by Synergy Worldwide and if indeed you support this product, can you use this product if taking a BP medication such as Atenotol? In addition, what, if anything is there that repairs/rejuvinates the liver?

Yes I use the product since it was designed to cut down on arginine side effects and support its action.
Personally have not had it create problems with meds, but have to watch.
The liver question is extensive, please find me again to discuss that; for now, silymarin is specifically protective. Otherwise we can go into a lot of theory and potentials for rejuvenation, since the liver essentially rejuvenates itself, except for scar tissue. So support with a vegetarian diet is a first step, relieving all stress, short fasts on a regular basis, etc.
Good Luck