Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

My left vagina lip is very sore and swollen. It hurts to touch

My left vagina lip is very sore and swollen. It hurts to touch it. what can I do to make it feel better.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Cameron replied 6 years ago.
how long has this been going on? Any redness or swelling in a particular place? Do you shave?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It started sunday. no redness or swelling in any other spots.. havent shaved in a couple weeks
is the area that is sore red?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't think so. my husband just said it was swollen really bad. at first i thought it was a boil. but i dont think it is now. it feel scratchy
Well, it is likely one of two things, one this could be an abscess, which is effectively a large boil. The second thing is that it could be an infection of the skin, called cellulitis.
Either way, you need to see a physician because you may need antibiotics and/or needing the area drained of pus. This is actually very common, unfortunately, in the vaginal area.
Seeing that it is after hours, unless you have severe pain or fever, you can wait to be seen tomorrow by your physician. In the meantime, apply warm compresses to the area as needed for pain. This will also help it drain. And you can take tylenol and motrin for pain.
Sitting in a warm bath is also effective..

warm regards