Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, US Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States

constant chest pain in clevage area , feels like bricks resting

constant chest pain in clevage area , feels like bricks resting there !
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 6 years ago.

How long has this been going on?
Do you feel short of breath?
Any pain in the arm or jaw?
Do you take any medications?
Have you seen a doctor regarding the pain?

Dr abby
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
approx one month, sometimes feel short of breath and need to breathe deeply but not puffing, slight nausea, no cough , no fever nil medications , have not seen a doctor,
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 6 years ago.
Thank you,

Does anything make the pain worse?
Any relation to exercise or exertion? Food?
Is it always there?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
nothing seeems to make it worse, am just aware it is there!No realtion to food or exercise and is always there
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 6 years ago.
Thank you,

The way that you describe the chest pain (heaviness) is concerning and does warrant an evaluation by your doctor.
Sources of chest pain can be any of the following:

1. Cardiac (heart)--risks for heart disease include family history, diabetes, smoking, high cholesterol, obesity, high blood pressure. Classic symptoms include the feeling as if "someone is sitting on my chest". Usually, the pain will start with exercise only and go away with rest. If you have swelling in your legs, this can also indicate a cardiac issue.

2. Pulmonary (lung)--pneumonia, asthma for example. Asthma is often described as tightness in the chest and shortness of breath. Wheezing and cough are also common.

3. GI (gastrointestinal issues)--acid reflux can also simulate heart attack symptoms such as chest tightness. Usually this will come and go and have a relation to food.

4. Muscular/costochondritis--inflammation of the cartilage of the ribs in the front of the chest. This condition causes pain when pushing on the chest.

I strongly recommend that you have a chest xray, ekg and a lung/chest exam by your doctor to rule out lung/heart issues.
If you have any worsening of your symptoms before you can get to your doctor (pain radiating to your arm or jaw/shortness of breath/sweating/nausea/vomiting) go to the emergency room.

Feel free to ask any follow up questions you may have and I will be happy to discuss further,

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my help, please remember to click accept. Thank you!!