Dr. Salar
Dr. Salar, Doctor
Experience:  Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine

My eyelids are heavy, double vision. Feels like I cant move

My eyelids are heavy, double vision. Feels like I cant move eyes. Just had complete physical, stress test, and eye exam. Vision is good if either eye is kept close.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Salar replied 6 years ago.
you need to see an ophthalmologist and get detailed exam . important to rule out paralysis of extraoccular muscles. nerve damage and myasthenia .
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I have done that. Paralysis and nerve damage symptoms would be present even if one eye was covered but this is not the case. Individual eye test is able totrack and focus on targets at different speeds,distances, and within field of peripheral vision. It is only when both eyes are open that the eyes do not seem to focus together. I was referrred back to family dr. who is on vacation for a week.