Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS

My stool comes out in several soft pieces, a bit flat, normal

My stool comes out in several soft pieces, a bit flat, normal color. Must you always have a single stool or can it come out like that?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your question. I would say that this can be entirely normal and the kind of stool which you are having right now is not indicative of any abnormality. If your stool frequency increases in one day as compared to past then intestinal pathologies should be investigated like chronic infections or inflammatory disorders. But so far there don't seems to be any problem in your case and this is normal. Try to increase fiber in diet and drink plenty of fluids. Best wishes.

Do ACCEPT the answer if you find it useful in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking ACCEPT will not cost you anything.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed