Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS

Causes for pebble-like consitency of stool.

Customer Question

Causes for "pebble-like" consitency of stool.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your question. This is related to my field of specialty. I would say that such kind of stools are common in constipation, IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), thyroid disturbances & malignancy. I will advise you to see gastroenterologist and have tests like abdominal scan, stool for occult blood, proctography, thyroid disorders. You may require to have colonoscopy done later on. It is important to rule out any serious manifestation of bowel. I will suggest you to increase fiber in diet and drink plenty of fluids. Try to go for a walk regularly and avoid spicy or junk food. Best wishes.

Do ACCEPT the answer if you find it useful in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking ACCEPT will not cost you anything.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 6 years ago.
Anything more I can assist you or if you need any clarification then tell me other wise if you get your answer fully and satisfied then please Do ACCEPT the answer only in this way I can get credit for my work and time here . Best wishes
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Your response (diagnosis) offered notheing I had not already been told by our family doctor. i APPRECIATE THE EFFORT BUT READ ONLY THAT WHICH I ALREADY KNEW. I have previously scheduled a Colonoscopy to be made next week.

Thanks again,as you have reenfored the prior diagnoses provided earlier this month.

Frank Stultz

Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your response. But I want to make clear that this is not any policy in the world that a doctor has to tell some thing different then a personal family physician. I can tell you those things or causes which exist in this field of medicine which I did honestly. Any ways I respect your opinion and will be my pleasure for you to assist always. Best wishes and keep smiling. Good luck for your colonoscopy.