Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Medical Physician and Surgeon
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

GLUCOSE, UA NEGATIVE NEGATIVE mg/dL KETONES, UA NEGATIVE

GLUCOSE, UA NEGATIVE NEGATIVE mg/dL
KETONES, UA NEGATIVE NEGATIVE mg/dL
SPECIFIC GRAVITY, UA 1.010 1.005-1.030
UA HGB 0.10 (1+) NEGATIVE Ery/dL
PH, UA 6 5.0-8.0
PROTEIN, UA 0 (NEG) <30 (1+) mg/dL
NITRITE, UA NEGATIVE NEGATIVE
LEUKOCYTE ESTERASE, UA POSITIVE NEGATIVE
BILIRUBIN, UA NEGATIVE NEGATIVE mg/dL
UROBILINOGEN, UA, QL 0.2 (NEG) NEGATIVE mg/dL
MICROSCOPIC EXAM, URINE TO FOLLOW

Welcome to to Just Answer:

Please confirm the test for nitrite and urine leukocyte esterase. Are they negative or positive?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
nitrite -negative
leukocytes esterase positive
Thank you so much:

Based on the urinalysis results, you likely have some urinary tract infection. The nitrite test is not as specific for predicting bacterial urinary tract infection as does the leukocyte esterase test. I suggest a repeat urinalysis if possible. In addition to complete blood count, blood culture, urine gram stain and culture. In the meantime, I suggest that you follow-up with your doctor and get started on antibiotics such as Cipro 500mg or Bactrim DS twice daily for 7 days.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do not have ant bacteria in the urine!!
WBC'S, UA/HPF 2-5 0-5 /HPF
RBC, URINE HPF 0-3 0-3 /HPF
EPITHELIAL CELLS, URINARY SEDIMENT, LPF FEW
BACTERIA, URINE HPF NONE
Thank you so much:

You should have provided me with this new information before.

Based on this new information, it you do not have urinary tract infection. A positive esterase test can indicate inflammation due to urinary tract infection or renal disease. Esterase activity from either intact or lysed granulocytes (WBC) can cause a positive test result. Lysed granulocytes (WBC) may produce some discrepancies between positive dipstick results and negative microscopic (absence of bacteria) examinations. Other sources of esterase such as eosinophils, or epithelial cells in vaginal fluid may give false positive results. Oxidizing agents such as bleach or colored substances can produce false positives.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
please HGB 0.10 (1+) is renal deasese too? what can cause false positive?
I had trace of HGB last month and negative leikocytes esterase.
Thank you so much:

Positive HGB + in urine suggests break down of red blood cells in the urine due to bleeding into the urinary tract including the kidney, ureter and bladder which can occur in renal injury or disease. Other conditions that can cause red blood cell break down and hemoglobin in the urine include hemolytic anemia. Injury to the muscle can cause the release of myoglobin in the urine which could test positive in the urine dip test for hemoglobin but with no red blood cell, making it a false positive test. Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) can in some instance cause false positive urine test for HGB.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. Thank you so much.

Edited by Dr. Stan on 5/21/2010 at 2:24 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX last question before I accept the answer.
HGB+ suggest bleeding if RBC are present? if there is no RBC does it suggest myoglobulin or hemolytic anemia? Can lemon tea ) lot of lemon)that i drank before test be the cause of such test results. Would you advise to do KUB just in case?

It was a pleasure communicate with you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It was a pleasure communicate with you

Thank you:

HGB+ suggests bleeding if RBC is present.

No RBC means myoglobin or hemolytic anemia.

Lemon drink is loaded with ascorbic acid (vitamin C), so lots of lemon drink mean cause false positive HGB. KUB would be a good test option to exclude Kidney ureter and Bladder abnormality.